Dental Implants in Coeur d Alene ID
Hello from the heart of Coeur d’Alene! At Scholes Family Dental, we’re more than just a dental clinic; we’re a part of your community. Dr. Scholes and our friendly team are here to guide you through the journey of achieving the perfect smile with our comprehensive dental implant services. We believe in creating lasting relationships with our patients, ensuring every visit is as comfortable and informative as possible.
What are Dental Implants and How Do They Work?
Dental implants have revolutionized the way we approach oral health and aesthetics. Essentially, a dental implant is a robust, tiny titanium post that serves as a substitute for the root portion of a missing tooth. Here’s a closer look at how they work at Scholes Family Dental:
- Implant Placement: The first step involves placing the dental implant into the jawbone. This titanium post acts as a new root for the tooth, laying the foundation for the next stages.
- Healing and Integration: After the implant is placed, a crucial period of healing follows, typically lasting between 4 to 6 months. During this time, the implant gradually integrates with the jawbone in a process known as osseointegration. This integration is vital for providing the strength and stability that characterizes dental implants.
- Restoration with a Crown: Once the implant has fully integrated with the jawbone, the final step is the restoration phase. A custom-made crown, designed to match your natural teeth in color and shape, is attached to the implant. This crown functions just like a natural tooth, both in appearance and functionality.
Experience Dentistry Done Right
A patient-first experience in Coeur d’Alene.
Dental Implant Options At Scholes Family Dental:
- Single Tooth Implants: Ideal for replacing individual missing teeth.
- Implant-Supported Bridges: A robust solution for replacing several missing teeth in a row.
- All on 4 Dental Implants: Perfect for full upper or lower teeth restoration, usually with just four implants.
- Implant Restorations: To repair or replace existing dental implants, ensuring their longevity and functionality.
How Long Do Dental Implants Last?
Dental implants are designed to be a long-term solution for tooth replacement. With proper care and maintenance, they can potentially last a lifetime. The key to their longevity lies in good oral hygiene practices and regular dental check-ups. At Scholes Family Dental, we ensure that every implant procedure is performed with precision and care, setting a strong foundation for their lasting success.
The Benefits of Dental Implants:
Opting for dental implants offers numerous benefits, including:
- Natural Look and Feel: Implants mimic your natural teeth, enhancing both aesthetics and functionality.
- Durability: They are a long-term solution known for their strength and resilience.
- Improved Oral Health: Unlike traditional dentures, implants do not slip or cause bone loss in the jaw.
- Enhanced Comfort: Implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Convenience: Simplifies oral hygiene routines compared to alternative dental prosthetics.
What Dental Issues Can Dental Implants Correct?
Dental implants offer solutions to a range of dental issues, providing both functional and aesthetic benefits. At Scholes Family Dental, we address several dental problems with implants:
- Missing Single Tooth: Ideal for replacing a single tooth without affecting neighboring teeth.
- Multiple Teeth Loss: Bridges supported by implants can replace several missing teeth effectively.
- Complete Teeth Loss: Full arches (upper or lower) can be restored with procedures like all 4 dental implants.
- Preventing Bone Loss: Implants stimulate bone growth, preventing jawbone deterioration due to tooth loss.
- Improving Bite and Chewing Ability: Restores the ability to chew and bite properly, enhancing overall oral function.
- Aesthetic Restoration: Fills gaps in your smile, improving facial aesthetics and boosting confidence.
By addressing these issues, dental implants from Scholes Family Dental not only restore the functionality of your teeth but also contribute significantly to the overall quality of your oral health and well-being.
Are Dental Implants Safe?
Absolutely. Dental implants are one of the safest and most well-established procedures in dentistry. They are made of biocompatible materials, which means they are designed to be accepted by your body. Our team at Scholes Family Dental is experienced in implantology, ensuring that your procedure is performed with the highest standards of safety and care.
Who is a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
Ideal candidates for dental implants are individuals who have:
- Lost one or more teeth.
- Sufficient bone density to support the implant.
- Good oral health practices.
- Non-smokers, as smoking can affect the healing process and the longevity of the implant.
Revitalize Your Smile with Our Dental Implants!
At Scholes Family Dental, we’re not just about providing dental services; we’re about creating lasting changes in your life, one smile at a time. Our dental implant solutions are crafted to offer you a blend of comfort, aesthetics, and functionality. We’re dedicated to ensuring that each patient receives personalized care and results that speak for themselves. So why wait? Contact us to explore how our dental implant services can transform your smile and your life.